While gymnastics may not seem like it can help your child get more out of life in the long run, it actually does benefit your child for many years to come. Sure, the backflip ability may not be written on a college application or be a hot topic at their first job interview, but the skills and traits learned during their childhood years will last a lifetime!
At Little Explorers, we not only have fun while teaching life skills but your child will also love participating in gymnastics, socializing with other gymnasts and completing fun challenges! In case you're still on the fence about the endless benefits of gymnastics, we are sharing our top five favorite reasons your child should take gymnastics:
- Healthy Lifestyle. Taking gymnastics will instill your child's desire to do physical activity and stay active! It will teach them that being healthy is fun and something that can be done with friends. Creating this love for being active will translate to their entire life, becoming a foundation for a great lifestyle.
- Developing Positive Traits. Gymnastics can develop and increase coordination at any age you start! For young children, interacting with their surroundings is mostly physical in their early years. Gymnastics provides them with the skills to interact with their environment in ways that other children cannot. Not only will they be developing coordination, they will also be learning determination to work hard towards their goals, and discipline on how to care for their bodies, how to listen to others and wait for their turns.
- Strength. Any physical activity is great for young children, gymnastics is no exception to the fact it uses mainly bodyweight exercises to develop and maintain muscles throughout your whole body. Not only with this help your child grow as a gymnast, but it will also help them excel in any athletic activities they choose to participate in throughout life!
- Personality Gains. Starting your child in gymnastics at a young age is offering them another chance to socialize with children outside their home and school life. It will also help create self-confidence that will spill over into every aspect of your child's life, not just physical activities. Other benefits include politeness and handling working with others, as well as a strong work ethic! Teaching them how to practice, practice, practice and work towards their goals.
- Overcoming Fears. Life throws us many scary and unexpected curve balls. By starting small when their young, you can teach them to overcome fears and obstacles in life to create a brave, well-rounded child! This will play into all aspects as they continue to grow up, including the fearless ability to conquer starting new schools, making new friends, trying new things, leaving for college or choosing a career path!
It's easy to see all the benefits of enrolling your child in gymnastics, so why not give it a try? Call today to schedule a gym tour or trial class. You will begin to see happiness and love for gymnastics in your child after the very first class.